Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Moving on after the war

I just came back from Tel Aviv where I spent the last two days recording the audio version of my new book "Quiet in the Eye of the Storm: Living Peace in a War Zone" downloadable on the website

First of all, it was amazing to read out loud, the words that spilled out of my pen onto the paper over the last month of writing during the war.

Did I actually write that? I wondered to myself. My voice sounds so much more at peace. It's amazing, because physically, I am feeling very tired. The blasts and witnessing the explosion took a toll on my body and I am needing rest.

On the other hand, I am feeling very much at ease.

I spent three hours sitting in traffic to get back up north and arrived late to my dance class in Carmiel - site of major bombings. It was our first meeting back since the war has finished.

The energy is very different. People compare notes as to where they fled, what they did, how they managed and "what now"???

We'll see...

No comments: