Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Israel Museum - Jerusalem Tour

I was in Jerusalem for the filming of "Jerusalem of Ancient Days", a prime time extravaganza which will be aired this evening on the most popular tv channel.

It was an honor to participate in this production. My role is to play ancient percussion - frame drums and "mitziltayim" (biblical finger cymbals).

I had a free morning on Monday before stage call. I went to the Israel museum in search of archaeological finds of frame drums and finger cymbals. I was sooooooooooooo excited to discover five or six different statues of clay and bronze - of women playing frame drums (Layne - you'd love it!) and one of a man playing frame drum. I was particularly excited to discover a statuette of Sekhmet (to whom I am forever indebted) found in the northern Negev desert, dated 1000 BC.

In addition, there were many goddess figurines, some of which I had the priveledge of learning about during an in service training last month in the Galilee.

No comments: