Thursday, September 20, 2007

Reflections and Honesty



It is the day before Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement in the Jewish religion. Here in Israel, everything stops. There are no cars in the streets, and in the cities, one can watch a parade of bicycle riders using the day to reflect on wheels.

For me, the day comes as a culmination of about six months of deep internal inventory, which came to a climax on August 31st, my 50th birthday with more time out to look at the last 50 years of my life and make decisions about how I want to live the following ones.

This summer I took time out to regroup and it has been awesome. I am very grateful to all of you who have supported my vision by reading this blog or my newsletter, purchased my music come to one of my courses or on a sacred peace tour. Your contribution has helped me to grow and learn so much.

Fifty years is an awesome period of life. At the pinnacle of health, no longer a youth, no longer searching for purpose, only to fulfill the purpose of life to it's max. I am learning more and more each day, that the point is to enjoy.

And enjoy I have, this summer (as you can see by my delight with my birthday cake)!

Hope to hear from you soon, and to hopefully see you soon.

No comments: