Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gratitude Well of Appreciation


Happy Thanksgiving to friends around the entire world.

Although more than 20 years have passed since I left my native United States, I never tire of Thanksgiving –a visit to the Well of Gratitude – that energy that can soothe all the savage beasts (both inside and out)…

I love this holiday… an entire day dedicated to Gratitude. One of the things I have learned in my life is that the more I remember to tap into this energy of appreciation and gratitude, the more everything else in my life improves, personally, professionally and energetically.

The more I appreciate, the more energy I get. The more energy I have, the more I enjoy my life. The more I enjoy my life, with whatever is, the more I have to give. The more I give, the more I receive.

So simple…So easy to forget.

We are all human. Perhaps our imperfection is what in the end allows us appreciate the good we have in our life.

Gratitude and appreciation eases inner angst when you have no idea what's coming next.

One of the ways I deepen my gratitude is by practicing a few simple keys I discovered living in Israel, the Holy land. When I practice this, my mind gets quiet and attunes me to a higher frequency of joy and ease. I remember all the good in my life and this attracts more good.

If you are not aware of these simple keys yet, you might want to try adding quieting your mind, and adding simple appreciation into YOUR daily life. The impact is amazing. The holidays are a perfect time to practice.

One example of these keys is a simple ancient humming practice that's so intuitive to use. It instantly calms my inner anxiety when I am feeling stressed or overwhelmed with too much to do in too little time. It brings clarity and transforms doubt into fuel for achievement.

Another example is acknowledging gratitude for the goodness of the universe.

This one is BIG.

Last week at a business networking event, I almost fell off my chair when the counselor who lead my youth group Israel, some 4o years ago. He and his wife recently moved from Los Angeles to Israel. A fountain of tears poured out as I publically expressed my gratitude for the difference his presence has made in my life. His appreciation of my gratitude added a ripple effect to the sea of positive energy.

I hope you get the idea – these are just a few examples of gratitude in my life…

So what song of gratitude do you have in your repertoire? What songs of gratitude can you write into your life?

No comments: